The NCPA Pharmacy Ownership Workshop, sponsored by McKesson, and in part by Live Oak Bank and Pharmacists Mutual Companies, is for pharmacists considering pharmacy ownership or current owners looking to polish their management skills. It’s a soup-to-nuts crash course on pharmacy ownership, whether you’re starting from the ground up, purchasing an existing store, or expanding to become a multi-store owner. For more information, visit Pharmacy Ownership Workshop.
Upcoming Ownership Workshops:
- January 30-31, 2021 – virtual (Deadline to apply is January 5)
- June 12-13, 2021 – virtual (Deadline to apply May 24)
- October 7-9, 2021 – Charlotte, NC (Deadline to apply TBD)
Are you a student interested in attending? Through Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company (Pharmacists Mutual), the NCPA Foundation has some scholarships available for the workshop. Apply today!
For the virtual workshops, the scholarship covers the two-day registration fee. For in-person workshops, the scholarship covers the three-day registration fee and 2 nights lodging. Scholarship recipients are responsible for their own travel arrangements and any additional expenses.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Attend each day of the Workshop
- Make a presentation to their school’s NCPA Student Chapter or other pharmacy student meeting
- Complete a W-9 to facilitate reporting income that may be taxable via IRS Form 1099 (in person Workshops only)
Candidates are evaluated on demonstrated determination to own an pharmacy and commitment to advancing the future of community pharmacy in the US. Recipient must be enrolled or graduated less than 9 months ago from an accredited school or college of pharmacy in the US. Academic achievement, outstanding student leadership, pharmacy association involvement and community service will be considered. Demonstrated intent to practice in an independent or small chain pharmacy, an underserved geographic area or in the armed forces of the US.