The NCPA Pharmacy Ownership Workshop, sponsored by McKesson, and in part by Live Oak Bank and Pharmacists Mutual Companies, is for pharmacists considering pharmacy ownership or current owners looking to polish their management skills. It’s a soup-to-nuts crash course on pharmacy ownership, whether you’re starting from the ground up, purchasing an existing store, or expanding to become a multi-store owner. For more information, visit Pharmacy Ownership Workshop.
Are you a student interested in attending? Through Pharmacists Mutual, the NCPA Foundation has scholarships available.
Upcoming Ownership Workshops:
- January 28-29 (virtual) Deadline to apply is January 6. Application is closed.
- April 1-2 (Charlotte) Applications are open. Deadline to apply is March 1. Apply today!
- June 21-22 (Las Vegas) Application opens on April 3. Deadline to apply is May 19.
- October 12-13 (Orlando) Application opens on June 23. Deadline to apply is September 5.
For the virtual workshops, the scholarship covers the two-day registration fee. For in-person workshops, the scholarship covers the two-day registration fee and 2 nights lodging. Scholarship recipients are responsible for their own travel arrangements and any additional expenses.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Attend each day of the Workshop
- Make a presentation to their school’s NCPA Student Chapter or other pharmacy student meeting
- Complete a W-9 to facilitate reporting income that may be taxable via IRS Form 1099 (in person Workshops only)
Candidates are evaluated on demonstrated determination to own a pharmacy and commitment to advancing the future of community pharmacy in the US. Recipient must be enrolled or graduated less than 9 months ago from an accredited school or college of pharmacy in the US. Academic achievement, outstanding student leadership, pharmacy association involvement and community service will be considered. Demonstrated intent to practice in an independent or small chain pharmacy, in an underserved geographic area or in the armed forces of the US. Current NCPA membership and active participation in NCPA student activities and/or leadership roles is not required but will be favorably considered.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program
Note: Students may only receive this award one time.