Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship in Entrepreneurism
Scholarship applications for the 2024-2025 school year are now open. Applications are due March 15, 2024.
The NCPA Foundation Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student with demonstrated leadership qualities, academic achievement, and an interest in independent community pharmacy and in entrepreneurism. The recipient will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship as well as a $300 travel stipend and a complimentary registration to the NCPA Annual Convention
The NCPA Foundation Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship will be made on the following basis:
- Entrepreneurism: Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurism. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Leadership Qualities: Leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration and will be measured using current college transcripts.
Please provide the following:
- Most recent **official** transcript (May be sent separately)
- Letter from School Official or Pharmacy Owner/Manager (Preferably from an NCPA member) (2-page max; May be sent separately) Should include:
- An introduction that identifies the recommender and their relationship to the student.
- Why the student should receive a scholarship including:
- General observations and thoughts about the student's strengths, relevant qualities, experiences, and skills, including their commitment to independent pharmacy.
- Specific examples that support those observations and thoughts.
- Why the student is a good fit for a scholarship.
- Resume or CV listing student's work experience, advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) and peer-reviewed research and other major publications, as well as extracurricular activities.
- Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship Statement from Applicant. (up to 500 words) Briefly describe:
- School and civic accomplishments and goals for the future;
- Demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy;
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurism.
One scholarship may be awarded. All pharmacy students who are student members of the National NCPA are eligible to apply for NCPA Foundation Scholarships. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the academic term that the scholarship is awarded. The student must be within 24 months of graduation.
Students may apply for multiple scholarships but will not be awarded more than one scholarship per year and will not be awarded a particular scholarship more than once.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the NCPA Foundation Awards Ceremony on the Sunday of the NCPA Annual Convention. It is highly recommended the scholarship recipient attend the NCPA Annual Convention. For scholarship winners who are able to attend the Convention in the year the scholarship is awarded, a $300 travel stipend will be provided along with a complimentary registration.
The scholarship is awarded on an individual basis and is non-transferable. A check for $2,500 from the NCPA Foundation will be sent to the scholarship recipient's school to be put towards their account. Scholarship funds will be disbursed around the time of the NCPA Annual Convention.
Transfer from one accredited school or college of pharmacy to another is permitted, provided the academic standards of the previous institution have been met at the time of transfer.