Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship
The NCPA Foundation Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship will be made on the following basis:
- Demonstrated Interest in Entrepreneurism – The applicant must provide a description of his or her demonstrated interest in entrepreneurism. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Leadership Qualities – Potential candidates will be evaluated by the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee on the basis of leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement – Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration and will be measured using current college transcripts.
Please be prepared to provide the following documents (2-page limit for each):
- Most recent **official** transcript (May be sent separately)
- Letter from School Official. This letter should briefly describe the student’s extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities and contributions to the school. (May be sent separately)
- Letter from Pharmacy Owner or Manager (preferably an NCPA member). This letter should briefly describe the student’s commitment to the pharmacy profession, and pharmacist’s knowledge of applicant’s interest in independent pharmacy as a career. (May be sent separately)
- Resume or CV listing student’s work experience, advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) and peer-reviewed research and other major publications.
- Neil Pruitt Sr. Memorial Scholarship Letter from Applicant. Briefly describe:
- School and civic accomplishments and goals for the future;
- Demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy;
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurism.
One scholarship will be awarded. All pharmacy students who are NCPA student members are eligible to apply for NCPA Foundation Scholarships. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the academic term that the scholarship is awarded. The student must be within 24 months of graduation.
Note: Students may only receive this award one time.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
The scholarship is awarded on an individual basis and is non-transferable. A check for $2,500 from the NCPA Foundation will be sent to each recipient’s school to be put towards his/her account. NOTE: The award recipient must be present at the NCPA Annual Convention to receive this award. Up to a $300 travel stipend will be provided along with a complimentary registration to the NCPA Annual Convention.
Transfer from one accredited school or college of pharmacy to another is permitted, provided the academic standards of the previous institution have been met at the time of transfer.