Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship for Pharmacy Management
The NCPA Foundation Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship will be made on the following basis:
- Independent Pharmacy Management: Demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Leadership Qualities: Leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration and will be measured using current college transcripts.
Please provide the following documents (documents should be a pdf, 2-page limit, except the transcript):
- Most recent **official** transcript (May be sent separately)
- Letter from School Official or Pharmacy Owner/Manager (Preferably from an NCPA member) (May be sent separately) Should include:
- An introduction that identifies the recommender and their relationship with the student.
- Why the student should receive a scholarship including:
- General observations and thoughts about the student’s strengths, relevant qualities, experiences, and skills, including their commitment to independent pharmacy.
- Specific examples that support those observations and thoughts.
- Why the student is a good fit for this particular scholarship.
- Resume or CV listing student’s work experience, advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) and peer-reviewed research and other major publications, as well as extracurricular activities.
- Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship Letter from Applicant. Briefly describe:
- School and civic accomplishments and goals for the future;
- Demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy;
- Description of interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism.
One scholarship will be awarded. All pharmacy students who are student members of the National NCPA are eligible to apply for NCPA Foundation Scholarships. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the academic term that the scholarship is awarded. The student must be within 24 months of graduation.
Note: Students may apply for multiple scholarships but will not be awarded more than one scholarship per year and will not be awarded a particular scholarship more than once.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
The scholarship is awarded on an individual basis and is non-transferable. A check for $2,000 from the NCPA Foundation will be sent to each recipient’s school to be put towards his/her account.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you attend the NCPA Annual Convention if you receive a scholarship. For scholarship winners who are able to attend the NCPA Annual Convention in the year the scholarship is awarded, up to a $300 travel stipend will be provided along with a complimentary registration to the NCPA Annual Convention.
Transfer from one accredited school or college of pharmacy to another is permitted, provided the academic standards of the previous institution have been met at the time of transfer.
College scholarships applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now closed. Scholarships will open for the 2023-2024 school year in December 2022.