Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship
The NCPA Foundation Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship will be made on the basis of the following priorities:
- Demonstrated Interest Independent Pharmacy Management: The applicant must provide a separate one page description of his or her demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Leadership Qualities: Potential candidates will be evaluated by the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee on the basis of leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration and will be measured using current college transcripts.
Please be prepared to provide the following documents (2-page limit for each):
- Most recent **official** transcript (May be sent separately)
- Letter from School Official. This letter should briefly describe the student’s extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities and contributions to the school. (May be sent separately)
- Letter from Pharmacy Owner or Manager (preferably an NCPA member). This letter should briefly describe the student’s commitment to the pharmacy profession, and pharmacist’s knowledge of applicant’s interest in independent pharmacy as a career. (May be sent separately)
- Resume or CV listing student’s work experience, advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) and peer-reviewed research and other major publications.
- Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship Letter from Applicant. Briefly describe:
- School and civic accomplishments and goals for the future;
- Demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy;
- Description of interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism.
One scholarship will be awarded. All pharmacy students who are NCPA student members are eligible to apply for the NCPA Foundation Scholarships. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the academic term that the scholarship is awarded. The student must be within 24 months of graduation.
Note: Students may apply for multiple scholarships but will not be awarded more than one scholarship per year and will not be awarded a particular scholarship more than once.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
The scholarship is awarded on an individual basis and is non-transferable. A check for $2,000 from the NCPA Foundation will be sent to each recipient’s school to be put towards his/her account. NOTE: The award recipient must be present at the NCPA Annual Convention to receive this award. A complimentary registration to the NCPA Convention will be provided and up to a $300 travel stipend.
Transfer from one accredited school or college of pharmacy to another is permitted, provided the academic standards of the previous institution have been met at the time of transfer.
The deadline for college scholarships for this year has passed but will open for the next school year in November.